When I like you, I want to like the whole YOU.
With your music, with your stories, with your beliefs.
Not to become you, but to get close to you. Because you are important.
So important that it makes me listen to your music which I don’t understand sometimes, but makes YOU smile.
Enough for making me truly love it.
Your music. Not because of the music itself… because of you.
So important as to listen to you telling stories that are close and far at the same time…without asking questions… only listening to you sharing as much as you want to share. I believe that sometimes that's all we need – a listener.
That’s why I care how your day was...
That’s why I adore telling me stories or just dreaming out loud…
And I can listen to the same stories again and again. And I don’t find it stupid, but important … because they are important to you.
You are important… so important that it makes me absorb each word you say silently, even though I do not agree with you sometimes.
Not because I am scared to argue with you or feel week and insecure. No… only because I want to hear the whole story. I want to find out how, when and what made you think this or another way…
Because we are all born like empty canvases,
but we pass through different events,
we take different paths,
we meet different people and we become different in the end
despite our sameness…
I want to put myself in your place,
to look through your eyes,
to feel with your heart…
Not because I don’t believe in myself, but because I want to know more about you.
For your world… and for my world…
And in order to do that I have to come out of myself and to see beyond. I guess you thought me that… to listen with attention instead of denial. No matter how hard it is sometimes, I admit.
When I am ready to lose myself (for some time)
so as to get close to you (for longer)
then I understand
how much I like you…
***
No comments:
Post a Comment