Friday, March 18, 2011

In expectation of...


You're lying on the bed next to me, trying to calm your breathing, and I'm just observing you through my eyelashes, with my eyes semi-closed. It's narrow, you are so close to me and so hot that it is almost impossible to touch you... And I'm standing still. You start barely moving, I feel you.. trying to find my hand, and running your fingers along my stomach... and you're finally taking my hand into yours. I'm squeezing your fingers, squeezing my eyes tight and grasping the moment, grasping you, grasping us...
We smell like newly born spring... but I can sense the smell of you... a smell of tranquility, confidence and positiveness ... and I almost start crying from the thought how much I love this smell...
We are breathing together... and you're also taking a grip of me, squeezing my fingers. It's quiet, it's awfully quiet. I'm looking around, watching the walls, the windows, the room, my clothes on the floor and your clothes piled next to the bed... We have fallen asleep... and I don't want to fall asleep when I'm near you.
My hair is falling loose all over the pillow and your nose is stuck in it... And I'm thinking... I don't want to sleep when I'm with you, because I'm losing time. So much precious time that I can spend doing other things. Like the fusion of our two universes, or reading a book while you are sleeping, giving you a swift look from time to time, covering you with the soft blanket, kissing you on the chin...
I feel you're already awake. I turn around and you're staring at me with that look that is taking my breath away. You are awake, exhaling in my neck... and I'm so relieved that we are no longer sleeping... I'm sinking my head on your chest... and at that very moment the world is exactly on its right place!

No comments:

Post a Comment